Museum of the Greco
The Museo del Greco, also known as Casa del Greco, is located in the Jewish Quarter of Toledo, in the old house of the Marquis de Villena, and in a very close proximity to where the genius of painting is believed to have been.
Inside there are different works of the Greco, among which are portraits of the different apostles, the “View and plane of Toledo” and “The tears of St. Peter.” But in this museum we can also see works by Luis Tristán, and Murillo among other artists.
The current building was built at the beginning of the 20th century, taking advantage of the Renaissance palace already mentioned of the sixteenth century Marques de Villena. The Marquis de la Vega-Inclán was the one who acquired the house and decorated them with furniture of his first period, being inaugurated as a museum in 1912.
In 2003 the museum was restructured by the General Subdirectorate of State Museums, and built new facilities to facilitate its visit.
Source: Jesús-José Cerdeño Vozmediano