The Holy Brotherhood of Toledo was a formalized institution in 1220 by Ferdinand III, although it lived its maximum splendor at the end of the 15th century, during the reign of the Catholic monarchs. Its definitive abolition is dated in 1835 by order of Isabella II.
The main purpose of the Holy Brotherhood was the persecution of the criminals who then swarmed the province. The building that we can see today rose during its heyday at the end of the 15th, and fulfilled the functions of jail and court. In the 17th century it was expanded by incorporating dungeons and a chapel in its basements. The most noteworthy of the building is the courtroom and the main façade. After different uses, such as language school and museum, the building has been conditioned as a cultural center.
Source: Jesús-José Sardinia Vozmediano
DATOS DE CONTACTO
CARRETERA CM-4000. Km 0.7 (Toledo a Puebla de Montalban) Toledo TOLEDO 45004
EL TIEMPO EN TOLEDO
High 9°/Low -1°
Probabilidad de lluvia
High 10°/Low 4°
SÍGUENOS EN FACEBOOK
Este sitio utiliza cookies para su correcto funcionamiento. Si continuas navegando entendemos que aceptas nuestra